- RSS Channel Showcase 3324360
- RSS Channel Showcase 3766406
- RSS Channel Showcase 1525858
- RSS Channel Showcase 8628395
Articles on this Page
- 10/27/16--02:31: _Some questions rela...
- 10/27/16--04:30: _Restrict Work Resou...
- 10/27/16--11:18: _IIS Permissions mir...
- 10/28/16--05:01: _how to add a filed ...
- 10/28/16--06:06: _how to edit the Res...
- 10/31/16--04:03: _Project Details err...
- 10/31/16--03:14: _"Project Overview" ...
- 10/05/16--01:45: _Checkin Pending on ...
- 10/31/16--04:51: _Project server 2013...
- 10/31/16--05:26: _What Project versio...
- 10/31/16--10:17: _ProjTool_ProjectSer...
- 11/18/13--04:46: _Getting error while...
- 11/01/16--00:25: _Do we have Project ...
- 11/01/16--04:24: _Issue with Import P...
- 11/01/16--23:32: _Custom Fields in Ti...
- 11/02/16--16:09: _Can't open enterpri...
- 11/03/16--01:32: _Grouping projects b...
- 11/03/16--04:56: _SQL Server Database...
- 08/25/16--07:12: _Secure store config...
- 11/03/16--09:00: _Difference between ...
- 10/27/16--04:30: Restrict Work Resources Category
- 10/27/16--11:18: IIS Permissions mirrored permissions
- 10/28/16--05:01: how to add a filed in Approval Center
- 10/28/16--06:06: how to edit the Resources sheet in Project
- 10/05/16--01:45: Checkin Pending on one computer only
- 10/31/16--05:26: What Project versions will Project Server 2016 support?
- 10/31/16--10:17: ProjTool_ProjectServer2010 - Add Resource to a project
- 11/18/13--04:46: Getting error while publishing the new Plan in Project server 2013
- GeneralQueueJobFailed (26000) - CreateWssSite.CreateWssSiteMessage. Details: id='26000' name='GeneralQueueJobFailed' uid='ba6a6244-4d50-e311-bf14-ac162d773454' JobUID='5151573c-4d50-e311-bf14-ac162d773454' ComputerName='7717b7cb-9926-477e-9e7a-3d9f072b7c6b' GroupType='CreateWssSite' MessageType='CreateWssSiteMessage' MessageId='1' Stage='' CorrelationUID='ddd5579c-fb3c-70d0-b7c6-b85aaff1162c'. For more details, check the ULS logs on machine 7717b7cb-9926-477e-9e7a-3d9f072b7c6b for entries with JobUID 5151573c-4d50-e311-bf14-ac162d773454
I am not able to understand . Please help us as soon as possible.
- 11/01/16--00:25: Do we have Project Server 2016 released in market?
- 11/01/16--04:24: Issue with Import Project to Enterprise Wizard
- 11/01/16--23:32: Custom Fields in Timesheet view
- 11/03/16--01:32: Grouping projects by RBS
- 11/03/16--04:56: SQL Server Database MSP EPM Project User View Table
- 08/25/16--07:12: Secure store configuration
- 11/03/16--09:00: Difference between RBS and Resource Department field
I have a couple of questions just to be sure that I am using PWA correctly. I am using SharePoint task list projects. I am new to PWA and I have really searched a lot.
1) When i create SharePoint task list project, tasks and assign these tasks to resources, project will appear in project center to resources but will give access denied if clicked (if they weren't explicitly granted access on it). I mean permissions will not be granted automatically. Same goes for portfolio managers and viewers.
2) While assigning tasks, all active directory users will appear not the resources defined in the Active Directory Resource pool synchronization group.
3) How can i give permission on PWA to active directory group. that whenever any resource is added in active directory group, it is granted team member permission on PWA
4) how can I set baseline for SharePoint task list projects? Is it only available to enterprise projects?
5) why is the project percentage of completion always set to 0 even if it contains only one task that is partially completed (70% done for example)
HI, can someone remind me of the best way to restrict our PMs from using specific work resources ie blocking the appearance of resources when using the Build Team feature? I want to restrict the available resources to just that of Generic Resources.
Thanks in advance.
I have everyone in my department (RJ) set up with fileshare permissions on an IIS server through mobile iron, when i give the same permissons to a dfifferent user not in my department they dont not have access to get to the share. They are able to browse
out to the site and get prompted and are able to log in though? Is there something i am missing on the IIS server. The logs that i am getting from mobileiron or permissions issues but they are able to get into the share though directory browsing any help would
be very much appreciated.
i would like to add the Line Manager field in the Approval Center.
i have set up the Resource sheet in Project Online from the AD now i have some more fields added like VP, Manager etc now i need to bulk edit the resource list in Project Online how is this possible. i can only manually edit one at a time.
I created SharePoint task list project, Opened it from project professional and synced my tasks but then when I opened project details/information page, i face below error. How can I check it in while it is not an enterprise project ?
I am new to PWA and I have this question regarding "Project Overview" report, refresh only works if the project is opened from excel by report authors users?
We use Project Server 2013 and Project Professional 2013.
One user is unable to open a project as it says that the status is "Checkin Pending". This is not valid as the project has been checked in on the server. We are able to open the project and check it out on other computers.
The problem is therefore with this specific machine.
What causes this problem and how should we solve it?
Each minute in event log:
event id 8118: Connectivity exception [InvalidOperationException] Operation is not valid due to the current state of the object. when forwarding request to app serverhttp://sps/PWA/_vti_bin/PSI/Security.asmx”
In ULS there are also this kind of errors at the same time:
"Impersonation is not supported in SharePoint permission mode"
What is wrong with my Project server?
I have just read that after February 2017, no more support for Project 2013 with Project Online. What of on-premises Project Server 2016? Will it continue to support Project 2013?
Larry J Seltzer email@example.com @lseltzer
It's possible use ProjTool Project Server 2010 to add an user to specific Project?
Dear Team ,
Please help me below error
I have seen Project Server 2016 banner in the Microsoft Products website.
Is any one having any idea whether the Project Server 2016 is available in MSDN subscription or not?
I am having an issue with importing a new schedule into Project Server using Import Project to Enterprise option. Once I click on the option, the project just goes blank. The workaround of using Save As is OK, but I lose the option to map out custom
I have a custom "Work Remaining" enterprise custom field (Task) that I would like to add to the Timesheet view in PWA.
However, it is not in the list of available Fields?
Any idea why this is so?
I can't open enterprise calendar in Project server 2016 with Project Pro 2016.When I try it, I get the following error message:
However, I can open it with other desktop system running MS Project Pro 2013 with version 15.0.4867.1001.
When I tried to install another copy of MS Project Pro 2013 running different version, I got the same error message.
I'm using Edge browser on Windows 10 without a success. I also tried Firefox and got the same result.
I even added the Project Pro 2016 version number into the Project Server setting but it made no difference.
I'm running out of ideas about how to fix this issue. How can I solve this problem?
In Project Centre view I am able to show projects that are owned by descendent of the user as per RBS.
I want to create multiple level grouping based on RBS values.
For ex. All projects owned by Team lead to be grouped under respective Project Managers and similarly all projects under Project Managers to be grouped under Portfolio Manager.
Dear Project Server users,
Can anybody explain the User View part in this table name?
Does this mean that when a user opens a report that has, for example several projects, he will only see the projects he has the permission to see, or will he see all the data?
I am trying to create a report with all projects, that will recognize user's permissions and allow him to see only the data he can see inside PWA.
Is there a way to do this?
Dear Project Users,
Do I need to configure the secure store as stated in https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee662106.aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396 to be able to view and interact in PWA withcustom excel 2016 reports?
Dear Project Server users,
Can anyone please explain the difference between the RBS and Resource Department Field?
When I am creating a new user I want to give it unique permissions. For example, I want to create a department director and a department worker. I want to enable the director to see all projects inside this department, and allow the worker to only see his projects. I can do this with the RBS field and by setting the category project permissions.
But, I am wondering, what is the use of Resource department field which is available when we are creating a resource. And can this field be used in the same way as RBS? Or is there a user case in which we can combine Resource department field with the RBS Field?
With best regards,