Articles on this Page
- 04/28/16--01:25: _Project professiona...
- 04/20/16--05:35: _Unable refresh Exce...
- 04/29/16--03:29: _Unable refresh Powe...
- 05/01/16--04:24: _When does the Proje...
- 04/20/16--06:47: _When to use SharePo...
- 07/26/13--09:12: _Task Updates have b...
- 04/12/16--05:19: _Project not Checked...
- 05/02/16--11:59: _Project server 2010...
- 05/03/16--02:52: _Timesheet Issue
- 05/03/16--02:47: _Difference Between ...
- 05/03/16--14:16: _How enable Actual D...
- 05/04/16--00:03: _Use 'Recent Project...
- 05/04/16--01:23: _Cant open project f...
- 05/04/16--09:59: _Copying a database
- 05/04/16--23:23: _Project BCWP Issue
- 05/06/16--07:30: _Project Server 2016...
- 05/06/16--09:22: _Referencing Enterpr...
- 10/14/14--04:39: _MS Project Lite and...
- 05/08/16--22:08: _Getting System Outp...
- 02/01/16--00:32: _view dropdown list
- 04/20/16--05:35: Unable refresh Excel reports on Project online
- 04/29/16--03:29: Unable refresh PowerQuery Excel reports in Project Online Excel
- 04/20/16--06:47: When to use SharePoint Team Site and when to use Project Server
- 07/26/13--09:12: Task Updates have been approved but not showing in schedule
- 04/12/16--05:19: Project not Checked-In in some stage on On-Submit
- 05/02/16--11:59: Project server 2010 permissions related question
- 05/03/16--02:52: Timesheet Issue
- 05/03/16--02:47: Difference Between Task & Timesheet
- 05/03/16--14:16: How enable Actual Duration in Project Server Timesheet?
- 05/04/16--00:03: Use 'Recent Projects' for checkout
- 05/04/16--01:23: Cant open project from MSP 2013 only from PWA browser
- 05/04/16--09:59: Copying a database
- 05/04/16--23:23: Project BCWP Issue
- 05/06/16--07:30: Project Server 2016 need SharePoint 2016? (On-premises)
- 05/06/16--09:22: Referencing Enterprise Custom Fields in lookup fields
- 10/14/14--04:39: MS Project Lite and MS Project Online
- 05/08/16--22:08: Getting System Output Stream?
- 02/01/16--00:32: view dropdown list
I have 5 PWA 2010 instances under same Web Application
There is some issue with specific PWA, when i try to click on "retrieve all projects from project server" then it throws an below error
However other 4 PWA instances are working fine, Every one getting same issue.
I confirmed that i have configured PWA url correctly in manage Accounts.
Please help me
I have created an excel report using OData feed, Im able refresh it in Excel desktop Application but in excel online.
I have activated the "Project Web App Permission for Excel Web App Refresh" feature. but still Im not able to refresh any report including default MS reports(Project Overview Dashboard and Resource OverView).
Below is the Error when I refresh the report:
External Data Refresh Failed
An error occurred while working on the Data Model in the workbook. Please try again.
We were unable to refresh one or more data connections in this workbook.
The following connections failed to refresh:
Can anyone please let me know what needs to be
done to get work the excel report refresh functionality?
Thanks in Advance..
I have created few Excel reports using PowerQuery and uploaded to Project Online report site. But when I try to refresh from Online excel it is throwing below Error:
"External Data Refresh Failed"
FYI.. I'M able refresh Noramal PivotTable reports but not this PoweQuery Report.
Please help me what needs to be done to get this refresh work. I do have PowerBI subscription.
Thanks in Advance..
We have MS Project 2010.
I was wondering when does the ProjectServer Reporting DB get the submitted work on assignments?
Does it happen after I publish the project or before (after approval?)
Hello, we are on SharePoint 2013 SP1 and thus Project Server 2013 SP1 Enterprise Edition.
I came on a few months ago and we are getting Project Server back online and in use.
What do I need to do to get people to use Project Server? When do we use it? When is a SharePoint Team Site not good enough and when is Project Server required / recommended / needed?
Is it that you can use Microsoft Project 2013 with it and so you can have it integrate? Can't you just put that MPP (I think that's the file extension) into a document library and then use it?
I am not trying to argue, just wondering and asking questions.
I'd like to use Project Server more, I just wonder if there are recommendations for it. Maybe if 10 people are involved, or if it will be planned to be over 6 months, etc.
Are there best practices or recommendations that I might have not found / searched for?
I have a team lead updating tasks (marking them 100% complete). This is submitted to the PM for approval which is then seen in the approval centre and then approved. This all works successfully. However, the updated changes aren't being reflected in the schedule. I have tried a few ways:
- Approving as PM then opening the schedule and clicking 'Publish'
- Setting the 'Manage Rules' to automatically publish
Then I thought maybe the plan had to be checked back in for changes to take effect but that made no difference. Am I just not understanding how this process works???
I have workflow with several stages and all stages have been marked for "Check In Required". What I need to know why some stages gets checked-in when project is Submitted. I built another sample workflow and used same stage and test and found that check-in was not happening with different set of stages. Means, if I have a same stages in 2 different workflows in one workflow that stage gets check-in and in another it won't. I can't figure out what causes it to check-in.
New to Project Server.
Client has Project server 2010
When a new request is raised the team then creates sites for the specific projects, and then "Synchronize" the site collection
After the site is created and Synchronized when we click on the site we get accessed denied.
The users added to the group "Web Administrators Group (Microsoft Project Server)" should be able to create sites and make all the changes required. But in my case they get accessed denied. i Checked the group permissions and made sure that all the check boxes were checked.
The same when done with the site collection admin account everything works fine.
What wrong am i doing, please guide.
Using Project Server 2013.
I have created 4 tasks in a Project Plan with 1 day duration & their dates are: 26, 27, 28 & 29 April 2016.
I couldn't see 26, 27 & 28 April tasks in Timesheet but can see 29th April in next period of Timesheet. Why I couldn't see these 3 tasks? Did I miss anything or going wrong while configuring Timesheet?
And please share Timesheet configuration best tutorial/video/blog.
How can I distinguished Task & Timesheet of Project Server 2013?
Whats their Pros & Cons?
I would like to enable the Actual Duration field in the timesheet. I want an option to report performance over the Actual Work (standard). Is it possible?
Is it safe to use 'Recent Projects' for checkout project from the server? (Ms Project Pro 2010, Project Server 2010)
We vcan only acces a project file from project online browser, but if we try to open I MSP2013. I will not show the project, but It will be checked out. Error message."the following job failed to complete. Checkin. 9000 (0x2328)
Strange since its opening the file that doesn't work...
Then I need to force-check in. How do I take a copy of the file and try to open it locally or save in another format. There is no back-up in project online/PWA so how to restore file?
I've got a computer with XP, and Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Management Studio, and there, there are a database. Client told me to migrate to another computer with Windows 7, and more RAM. My question is, what version of SQL Server must I install in that computer, to migrate the database.
I need timephased data for BCWP but same is not possible out of the box from Project Server Database. however same value can be seen in Task Usage sheet in MSP.
So we suggested customer to create 2 custom fields (Cost Type) with Rollup disable 1. Earned Value Current month and Earned Value Previous Month. these EV once copy from the Task Usage sheet to respective custom fields. Surprisingly values in Task Usage sheet gets change.
Can someone suggest if this is the known behaviour from MSP or not. and if not what can be done so that BCWP's value will not change in MSP's Task Usage Sheet
According my investigation it this is is necessary have SharePoint 2016 to use Project Server 2016? Or can i use only Project without SharePoint?
And about licensing, if a client only what work with project, he need pay for SharePoint and Project Server or in this case pay only for the Project Server Licensing.
Fábio Carvalho http://fcsharepoint.com
Is it possible to reference enterprise custom fields in a lookup field created in a list?
Essentially we want to be able to have the project center list of project names and one other custom field referenced in two different lookup fields on a different list.
1) I plan to use MS Project online combined with MS Project Lite for my project. Do I see the modifications my colleagues perform with their Lite Version on the tasks they are responsible for?
3) How does the MS Project Lite interface look like? (I need it to be very simple for my team members)
2) What are the differences between MS Project Online and MS Project Online with Office 365?
I'm on a Linux server terminal. I can execute system() commands but I can't seem to get the output. It just gives me 0 for successful. How can I get the output stream for system-run commands?
I use Project Server 2013 and Internet Explorer 11.
I have an issue with the dropdown list in the views as I only see one value. For example in the Project Center, the only option that I have is the "Summary" view. For some strange reason, however, I see the whole list in the Resource Assignment view.
I assume that there must be a setting somewhere as it used to work a few days ago.