- RSS Channel Showcase 4621161
- RSS Channel Showcase 6501306
- RSS Channel Showcase 8761065
- RSS Channel Showcase 6330826
Articles on this Page
- 06/12/16--22:57: _project server 2013...
- 06/13/16--00:07: _Project Server 2013...
- 06/13/16--03:18: _Paging for Time Rep...
- 06/13/16--09:52: _Project Server 2013...
- 06/13/16--11:18: _Adding Project Site...
- 06/13/16--12:12: _PS2013: Status upda...
- 06/13/16--13:21: _ServerUnauthorizedA...
- 06/13/16--23:53: _Update Custom field...
- 06/13/16--23:57: _Custom code to Add ...
- 03/09/16--04:47: _Task Properties Mis...
- 06/14/16--02:14: _Resource Role Avail...
- 06/14/16--08:21: _How do I Find Speci...
- 06/14/16--12:42: _Skillset Interview ...
- 06/15/16--02:28: _Deleted Project Sti...
- 01/04/12--01:09: _PK_MSP_PROJECT_RESO...
- 06/16/16--05:51: _I search for a scri...
- 06/16/16--08:03: _Resource Pools usin...
- 02/26/16--04:50: _Project Site Templa...
- 06/17/16--06:35: _Need Help adding a ...
- 06/20/16--00:43: _Currency on Office ...
- 06/12/16--22:57: project server 2013 task level custom fields formula
- 06/13/16--00:07: Project Server 2013 App
- 06/13/16--03:18: Paging for Time Reporting Periods Grid
- 06/13/16--23:53: Update Custom field value In Project from task
- 03/09/16--04:47: Task Properties Missing in Task Section
- 06/14/16--02:14: Resource Role Availability Report Project Server 2010
- 06/14/16--12:42: Skillset Interview Questions
- Have you ever used Project Server in conjunction with Project Web App and Ms Project?
- Have you ever been required to Create Projects in Project Server?
- (Yes) Would you walk me through the project set-up process?
- (No) Do you remember if the project was created for you by someone else? (System Administrator)
- Were tasks created with resources assigned?
- Do you remember if the resources submitted time via PWA?
- How would you describe PWA?
- Status updates and approvals
- Project issues, risks, and documents
- Would PMO Governance be able to count on you to support this policy?
- What would you do to support this policy?
- How would you enforce it?
- Risks - Risk management involves proactively identifying and tracking events and conditions that can potentially affect future planning for a project. Risks can be rated by severity and assigned an estimate for how likely they are to occur.
- Issues - Issues can be used to track work items that are not easily identified as assignments or tasks in projects. Project managers, resource managers, and team leads can then determine whether the issues will affect the project and identify strategies to manage the issues before they become larger problems.
- Documents - A document library provides a location for team members to collaborate and share documents and other project artifacts with project team members.
- Project Site - A project site can exist for each project saved to the Project Server database. The project site enables additional collaboration features (for example, announcements, alerts, deliverables and the ability to link these to your project tasks) by providing a Web site for each project that makes the capabilities of SharePoint Foundation available to a project team.
- (Yes) Would you walk me through process?
- Specify the title of a status report and the frequency at which it must be submitted.
- 06/15/16--02:28: Deleted Project Still Appears
- 06/16/16--05:51: I search for a script for "publishing projects"
- 06/16/16--08:03: Resource Pools using MS Project 2013 Pro with SharePoint 2010
- 02/26/16--04:50: Project Site Template change master page in project 2013
- 06/17/16--06:35: Need Help adding a user
- 06/20/16--00:43: Currency on Office 365 Project Portfolio Dashboard
Let's assume below column values: [Baseline Finish]="06/15/2016" [Baseline Work]=47 Hrs.
I'm new to SharePoint and don't have much idea about formula, Please Can anybody help me to understand below custom fields formula and what will be the output of it?
IIf([Baseline Finish] < ProjDateAdd (Date(), Str(8 - IIf(Weekday(Date()) > 1, Weekday(Date()), 8))) Or CDate(ProjDateConv([Baseline Finish], pjdate_mm_dd_yyyy)) = ProjDateAdd(Date(), Str(8 - IIf(Weekday(Date()) > 1, Weekday(Date()), 8))), [Baseline Work] / 60, 0)
I would like to know what date will be populated by below formula
ProjDateAdd (Date(), Str(8 - IIf(Weekday(Date()) > 1, Weekday(Date()), 8))) Or CDate(ProjDateConv([Baseline Finish], pjdate_mm_dd_yyyy)) = ProjDateAdd(Date(), Str(8 - IIf(Weekday(Date()) > 1, Weekday(Date()), 8)))
We are using Project Server 2013 on promises.
I want an App that can update tasks status by users and other functionalities. Is there any?
We are using project server for several years and it has many time reporting periods, so the grid loading became too slow. Is there a way to increase the loading performance without deleting the periods?
my suggestion is paging the grid that have to be implemented in this page.
We are experiencing an issue where after we have accepted status updates in the Approval Center and then navigate to the History > Status Updates page, there are no items listed there where normally I would see the items that had just been either accepted or rejected and I would be able to publish the items from this page. Has anyone see this behavior? We are running Project Server 2013 and the January 2016 CU.
We would like to be able to schedule a meeting using Outlook, with project staff, and also "invite" the Project Calendar that is residing on the Project Site within Project Server 2010.
Is that possible ?
we are using the task status update feature of PWA 2013. Users submit status updates for tasks, the status manager approves them and publishes them, usually via rules, and they show up in the project plan -- most of the time. Sometimes status updates are sent and the status manager never sees the submission and it is not in their approval history either. This happens only a small percentage of the time, but it creates the perception that the system is unreliable.
I queried the ProjectWebApp database to try to get to the bottom of this and I found 34 pub.[MSP_ASSIGNMENTS_SAVED] that have [ASSN_RESPONSE_PENDING] of 1 but do not have any pub.MSP_ASSIGNMENTS_SUBMITTED entries. They also have WASSN_SEND_UPDATE_NEEDED of 0 (exception for one of them).
I have tried resubmitting use the user via PSI but it does not fix it.
1) how can I fix this problem?
2) how can I prevent it from occurring again?
I have Microsoft SharePoint 2013 onPremise Farm with Microsoft Project Server 2013 installed on it.
I am trying to build a WebPart which should connect to the Project Server through CSOM from a TeamSite to get Project Information.
This is my super simple code:
string pwaPath = "http://sp2013/PWA"; ProjectContext projContext; projContext = new ProjectContext(pwaPath); projContext.Load(projContext.Projects); projContext.ExecuteQuery();
When trying to execute it i get the following error:
When i add
projContext.Credentials = new NetworkCredential("administrator", "pass", "domain");
It works! But how can i make the code using the logged in user, cause the credentials passed above are the users credentials who is currently logged in.
Or is there any other preffered method to connect to Project Server 2013 from an OnPremise SharePoint Farm Solution?
How i can change custom column value of a task in schedule by changing it from task in project server 2010.
I want to write a custom code to add event on updated approval page, For this i required to know From which class these approval task details i can get.
There are two resources, one is assigned as Project Manager & second is Team Member
For the Team Member resource, his "Task Properties" (Start, Finish & Remaining Work) is missing from his Task section in EPM.
I have made changes in Team Member group and assigned same permissions as Project Manager - but still NO Task Properties appeared.
See screenshot for elaboration.
I created a resource availability report based on the "MSP_Portfolio_Analyzer" Cube, I want to display the work per Role and not Per Resource List, but when I choose he Role the value displayed to me is the "total work for all Resources" and not the work for the associated Role, Does any one know how we can display the Work per role based on this cube?
Note that the capacity is appearing correctly per role in this report.
I need to change several specific items in the dropdown menu for someone's Design Escalation Role (the list uses a Content Type called “Project Workspace Contact List”), but where exactly
do I go in all the Project Server's data to find and change this?
What are some interview questions that you find yourself asking to weed out the applicants who say they know how to use Project Server 2010, PWA, MS Project, and SharePoint together and really don't?
Here are some that I've put together...
Answer:PWA helps project managers better understand the elements of project management, such as the following:
4. Why do you think we would have a policy for time submissions to be completed by a certain day of the week?
5. Do you recall the purpose is of the Resource Center in Project Server?
Answer:Sometimes you may want to create a resource that cannot log on to Project Server. For example, you may want to add a material resource, such as a conference room, that has no need to be able to log on to Project Server. Project managers can still assign the resource to work, but if there is not any work to track, and the project manager can account for when the resource is actually used, there is not a need for that resource to also be a user.
6. Have you ever been required to Close Tasks to update in PWA?
(Yes) Would you walk me through process? Do you remember why your taking this extra step in PWA?
Answer: To lock project tasks in order to prevent people from submitting task updates and to prevent the phantom actuals from occurring on the project plans. Phantom actuals is a known issue with Project Server 2010, and this is Microsoft’s work around for the issue.
7. Do you remember how to manage projects in Project Web App (PWA)?
Answer: Project Server 2010 enables the creation and modification of complex schedules online and assigning multiple resources to each task. The ribbon interface provides a familiar and consistent navigation experience regardless of whether the project manager builds the schedule on a desktop or on the web.
8. Have you ever managed Risks, Issues in Project Web App (PWA)? What about document storage and a Project site?
Answer: When you use Microsoft Project Server 2010, the following collaboration features are enabled:
Comment: As a project manager, it is important to know how to understand and manage the collaboration capabilities of project sites that you manage.
9. Have you ever managed Status Reports in Project Web App (PWA)?
Answer: The Status Reports feature in Project Web App enables project stakeholders to send status reports to any persons involved with a project (as long as they are also Project Web App users) to provide information about the status of their tasks. When you are configuring status reports, you can do the following:
10. Do you ever recall a time when you were required to configure email notifications and reminders in Project Web App?
(Yes) Would you walk me through process?
Answer: Notifications are generated by many user-initiated events. These events can be the actions of other team members and project managers. For example,, a project manager sending a new task to a resource can trigger a notification to the team member who is assigned to the task so that that person is aware of and can act upon the new assignment
I have deleted a Project (PS 2013 - using Delete Enterprise Objects --> Delete draft and published projects + Delete the connected SharePoint sites)
But still that Project listed in Project Center. How Do I remove completely from the system?
because we problems with sharepoint sites which present contents of projects, we have to publish the projects of our project server 2010:
--> start MS Project --> open project --> publish --> for every active project
Does someone know such a script for publishing all projects of our project server?
Thanks in advance and kind regards
I have a master project schedule for a shared resource pool and added sub projects to it. All project files are MS Project 2013.
We want to store the project files on SharePoint since we are co located. We are not using SharePoint sync.
When I check out the master file and open it selecting the read/write option, it still opens in Read Only.
I have to resave it first to edit it. The same is true for the subprojects.
Are there any workarounds to address this?
How to change master page for Project Site Template in Project Server 2013 using share point designer
Hello, I am new to project server and having trouble adding a new user. The instance is setup for integrated windows authentication. When adding a new user from server settings - manage users-new user, I have NO IDEA where to get the 'user logon account'
information... From my research, am i supposed to have access to the active directory in order to figure out the users logon account? Any help would be much appreciated, ive been trying to figure this out for a couple hours now.
How do I change the currency on the Office 365 Project Portfolio Dashboard. It seems not to inherent Project Online's currency.