Articles on this Page
- 02/26/16--15:00: _There once was a fi...
- 03/07/16--15:44: _Project Server 2013...
- 03/01/16--11:42: _Recurring tasks
- 03/08/16--06:28: _Project Server Cus...
- 03/09/16--00:00: _Risks List Trigger ...
- 10/18/13--17:19: _Cannot access Addit...
- 03/09/16--04:02: _OLAP Report with cu...
- 03/09/16--04:47: _Task Properties Mis...
- 03/09/16--09:10: _Collating Lessons L...
- 03/09/16--13:55: _Capacity Line - PWA...
- 03/10/16--01:12: _Project Online: Res...
- 11/06/15--11:07: _Projects are missin...
- 03/10/16--04:12: _MS ACCESS PIVOT TAB...
- 03/10/16--04:47: _Project Server Appl...
- 12/08/14--03:22: _Resource Filter on ...
- 03/10/16--22:42: _Tasks Approval Noti...
- 03/03/16--02:07: _Master Project Publ...
- 03/11/16--00:08: _report the approved...
- 03/11/16--00:23: _File not Found: Pro...
- 03/11/16--01:56: _Remaining Work Grap...
- 02/26/16--15:00: There once was a field named "Capacity"...
- 03/01/16--11:42: Recurring tasks
- 03/08/16--06:28: Project Server Customisation
- 03/09/16--00:00: Risks List Trigger Date
- 10/18/13--17:19: Cannot access Additional Workflow Data Page
- 03/09/16--04:02: OLAP Report with custom Fields
- 03/09/16--04:47: Task Properties Missing in Task Section
- 03/09/16--13:55: Capacity Line - PWA > Resource Center > Resource Availability
- 03/10/16--01:12: Project Online: Resource Engagements conflicts
- 11/06/15--11:07: Projects are missing in Project center webpart
- 03/10/16--04:12: MS ACCESS PIVOT TABLE ISSUE
- 03/10/16--04:47: Project Server Application on Sharepoint Site
- 03/10/16--22:42: Tasks Approval Notification in Project Server 2013
- 03/03/16--02:07: Master Project Publishing issue
- 03/11/16--00:08: report the approved timesheetlines from a delegate user
- 03/11/16--00:23: File not Found: Project Server 2013
- 03/11/16--01:56: Remaining Work Graph Data Label & Axis
We are currently on MS Project Server 2010 and have been for a while. Previously, we had used the field "capacity" in an MDX expression in our OLAP Cube (Portfolio Analyzer). The field represented the number of hours an individual could work based on their max units (per day, month, etc. whatever your view was configured to show). The report had worked fine, displaying an calculating additional values using the capacity field. For a while the report that used the data was shelved and recently, taken off the shelf to be used again. However, where noticing that the capacity field is blank from about June 2015 the capacity field is blank.
Did I miss a replacement?
Thanks in advance,
Environment: Project Server 2013
I was trying to link a project site in PWA 2013 with a project schedule but unable to see multiple web applicationentries in the dropdown. In 2010 version, as a work around, I had to create a PWA instance on other web application to show a new web application URL entry in PWA and it was working fine. In 2013, I tried the same trick in 2013 but did not work. If it shows "Web Applications" dropdown field in "Connected SharePoint sites>> Edit Site Address" then it means there should be a way to show multiple web applications . Any clue/idea?
Thanks for any kind of your suggestions!
I was wondering if it was possible to create a recurring task inside another recurring task.
Can you manually change a task to a recurring task?
Thanks and regards,
We are currently implementing project server 2013 into the business. Previously we have used 2010 and whilst it has provided us with an effective EPM tool, we have been trying to get it into a state that A. Follows our corporate process and A. Provides us with a great deal of automation with other areas of our business (Example finance)
From a variety of sessions, we have come up with the top 10 requirements that would be ideal for our business. I would like to know if this is possible form the out of the box solution. If not, then would a SharePoint developer be able to create a custom instance of Server for us to use.
1. 2 Project Centres (one for projects and another for Bids and a way to link the two together)
2. On creation of a new project, a page that will tell a PM the required documents to comply with the Project Management process in place with a link to the document that will be stored in the project site.
3. A Corporate lessons learnt log. Recognising that when a project is set up there will be an associated lessons learnt list however we would require a site that pulls all of the lessons learnt into a central area.
4. At present we have a custom finance workflow system. We have the ability to export the finance figures for individual project into a Database. When a project is set up, we then enter in the link to the project in the database which will then display current cost, cost to complete etc.
5. Holidays added to resources. Again, we have workflow system that can export an excel spreadsheet of all holidays. We are looking for a way to then automatically add the holidays into a resources work 'Exception' area. Further to this it wold be ideal to add holiday cancelations and doctors’ appointments etc.
6. On each user’s homepage, it would be ideal to 'jazz' this up a little and have maybe projects they are assigned to, total project in project server and maybe announcements that would come out centrally from the project server team.
7. 2 Project schedules, when a project is created, in the bid phase we would like it to have 2 projects schedules, a schedule for the delivery of the Bid and also a schedule for the proposed plan when the project is live.
8. When a project has finished, sometimes there will be project extensions or it may go into the support of the contract, is there a way to 'Bolt-on' an extension area that can be used for the extension of the project and calculate the total effort, cost. 9. A cost to complete area that will look at the expenses of all projects so far and calculate the cost left to complete on each individual project.
10. When a project is set up and a user’s are assigned onto the project, their calendars will be synced onto the project and when the PM adds events to the calendar, this automatically pushes out to their calendar to update.
Whilst the following 10 items would be ideal for our business, we understand a variety of items would require some Dev work or may not even be possible. However if they are, an indication of effort would be helpful.
Whats is the use of Trigger (Date) in EPM Risks list?
And is this Trigger (Date) in relation with Due Date?
I can no longer access the Additional workflow data page for any project. This is Project Server 2013. I just get a something went wrong when clicking on it. When I review the logs I see the error in the SP Logs:
Application error when access /_layouts/15/wrkstat.aspx, Error=Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPQuery..ctor(SPView view) at Microsoft.SharePoint.WorkflowServices.ApplicationPages.WrkStatPage.SetupTaskList(Guid taskListId, String instanceId, List`1 childInstanceIds) at Microsoft.SharePoint.WorkflowServices.ApplicationPages.WrkStatPage.OnLoadWF4() at Microsoft.SharePoint.WorkflowServices.ApplicationPages.WrkStatPage.OnLoad(EventArgs e) at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) a7034e9c-8214-60cc-c2bf-a8af74759b9a
0x0638 SharePoint Foundation General ajlz0 High Getting Error Message for Exception System.Web.HttpUnhandledException (0x80004005): Exception of type 'System.Web.HttpUnhandledException' was thrown. ---> System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPQuery..ctor(SPView view) at Microsoft.SharePoint.WorkflowServices.ApplicationPages.WrkStatPage.SetupTaskList(Guid taskListId, String instanceId, List`1 childInstanceIds) at Microsoft.SharePoint.WorkflowServices.ApplicationPages.WrkStatPage.OnLoadWF4() at Microsoft.SharePoint.WorkflowServices.ApplicationPages.WrkStatPage.OnLoad(EventArgs e) at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) at Sy... a7034e9c-8214-60cc-c2bf-a8af74759b9a
In my pwa instance, I created one custom field for task.
After rebuild my olap cube, I try to make a poweview report on EPM Timesheet cube but when I add my custom field my report isn't good.
It seems that the dimensions works without relationship.
Someone can me help ?
There are two resources, one is assigned as Project Manager & second is Team Member
For the Team Member resource, his "Task Properties" (Start, Finish & Remaining Work) is missing from his Task section in EPM.
I have made changes in Team Member group and assigned same permissions as Project Manager - but still NO Task Properties appeared.
See screenshot for elaboration.
I'm not sure if this is a Project Server question or a SharePoint 2013 question (or both!), so please bear with me.
Each of our projects has an associated project SharePoint site created out of Project Server. Within these they each have a lessons learned log in the form of a list.
Is it possible to pull the contents from the lessons learned lists from across all the project sites into a central location, enabling us to share "real time" lessons learned across the organization? If so, do you have any suggestions on how I might achieve this?
here is an easy one... Can someone help refresh my memory... with regards to EPM version 2010, when in PWA > Resource Center > Resource Availability...
When toggling resources in the Resource Availability's legend, did the capacity line in the various histogram views adjust accordingly or was/ is it static?
In Project Online, with the Resource Request/ Engagement feature enabled I noticed that the capacity line does not adjust/ change (ie., it is static). I could swear that it use to adjust in previous versions of PWA when I used to toggle the resource names within the legend of the PWA > Resource Center > Resource Availability views. Please let me know.
Thanks in advance,
\Spiro Theopoulos, Montreal, QC (Canada)
Within an earlier version (beta) i got the warning "An assignment for this task needs an engagement or is in conflict with an existing one..." in the indicator column in a Project Pro task view. I'm not get this warning even though i have a conflict. Anyone any idea?
<v:shapetype coordsize="21600,21600" filled="f" id="_x0000_t75" o:preferrelative="t" o:spt="75" path="m@4@5l@4@11@9@11@9@5xe"
<v:formulas> <v:f eqn="if lineDrawn pixelLineWidth 0">
<v:f eqn="sum @0 1 0">
<v:f eqn="sum 0 0 @1">
<v:f eqn="prod @2 1 2">
<v:f eqn="prod @3 21600 pixelWidth">
<v:f eqn="prod @3 21600 pixelHeight">
<v:f eqn="sum @0 0 1">
<v:f eqn="prod @6 1 2">
<v:f eqn="prod @7 21600 pixelWidth">
<v:f eqn="sum @8 21600 0">
<v:f eqn="prod @7 21600 pixelHeight">
<v:f eqn="sum @10 21600 0">
<v:path gradientshapeok="t" o:connecttype="rect" o:extrusionok="f">
<o:lock aspectratio="t" v:ext="edit">
</o:lock></v:path></v:stroke></v:shapetype><v:shape alt="Figure 10: Over-committed Resource Flag" id="Grafik_x0020_1" o:spid="_x0000_i1025" style="width:614.25pt;height:105.75pt;" type="#_x0000_t75">
<v:imagedata o:href="cid:image002.jpg@01D17A00.E5E7D6E0" src="file:///C:\Users\GWALTE~1.SOL\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\clip_image001.jpg">
I am having weird problem with Project center web part.
Project center web part is not showing my(Users respective) Projects . even though I am member ofTeam Members for Project Web App (Contribute).
I am owner for 1234 project.
Few days back it is working fine, suddenly we are facing this problem.
Environment : Project server 2013 installed in SharePoint 2013 Mode.
Problem screenshots :
I am currently working in Ms access 2013. I am using the graph function. The problem is X axis values is not increment dynamically. Can you please tell me how do I set X axis values dynamically increment.
For example if X axis values minimum 1000 and maximum 10000 and increment values is 1000
I want to if X axis value is minimum 500 and maximum 5000 means it should be increment 500
Kindly tell me how to achieve this by code
Yours friendly vengatesan.p Dot Net Development
After deploying my Project PWA, i have this issue below:
Erreur du serveur dans l'application '/'.
Description : Une erreur d'application s'est produite sur le serveur. Les paramètres d'erreur personnalisés actuels pour cette application empêchent l'affichage à distance des détails de l'erreur de l'application (pour des raisons de sécurité). Cependant, ils peuvent être affichés par les navigateurs qui s'exécutent sur l'ordinateur serveur local.
Détails: Pour permettre l'affichage des détails de ce message d'erreur spécifique sur les ordinateurs distants, créez une balise <customErrors> dans un fichier de configuration "web.config" situé dans le répertoire racine de l'application Web en cours. Attribuez ensuite la valeur "off" à l'attribut "mode" de cette balise <customErrors>.
<!-- Fichier de configuration Web.Config -->
Remarques: La page d'erreurs actuellement affichée peut être remplacée par une page d'erreurs personnalisée. Pour ce faire, modifiez l'attribut "defaultRedirect" de la balise de configuration <customErrors> de l'application, de sorte qu'il pointe vers une URL de la page d'erreurs personnalisée.
<!-- Fichier de configuration Web.Config -->
<customErrors mode="RemoteOnly" defaultRedirect="mycustompage.htm"/>
Please, can you help me?
There seems to be a bug Project Server 2013 in one of the filter available under _layouts/15/pwa/Timesheet/TimesheetHistory.aspx
When click on Adjust Time sheet and select check box Available timesheets to adjust and then Resource. If any one resource is selected from the drop down list and apply filter page does not display data for the resource selected but buy default it will display data only for the very first resource in the list.
May i know have if any one has encounter this issue. Let me know your thought on it.
I am the Project Owner for a Project in Project Server 2013.
In my project for few tasks "Status Manager" is different person.
Is there a way I get notified when a team member submits the task update for which the other person is the "Status Manager"?
When I try to publish my master project I receive the following error:
The following Job failed to complete.
Job Type : Publish
Error ID: 20010(0*4E2A)
Error: You do not have sufficient permissions to perform the requested action.
Could not publish the project. If the problem persists, contact your system administrator.
Is this permission issue? or some other issue?
I want to make a report for a short period that gives me only the timesheet lines that are approved by a delegate user. (For auditing and for monitoring)
Is there a way to make this report?
(this is in projectserver 2013)
In Microsoft Project, When I open a project in "Link Between Projects" page I see under "External Successors" tab in "Differences" column: "File not found" and "None" values. What is meant by "File not found" and "None"?
I want to show Data labels & Axis in "Days", not in hours, in Remaining & Work graph in MS Project 2013 report.
Screenshot in attached for reference.