- RSS Channel Showcase 3473048
- RSS Channel Showcase 5303911
- RSS Channel Showcase 3951652
- RSS Channel Showcase 8215339
Articles on this Page
- 01/18/16--02:33: _Unable to change st...
- 01/18/16--13:43: _Enterprise custom f...
- 01/19/16--00:28: _What type of server...
- 01/19/16--02:53: _project server 2013...
- 01/25/13--18:13: _Team Planner view -...
- 01/20/16--02:13: _Master project with...
- 01/20/16--07:23: _ProjectServerError(...
- 01/20/16--05:16: _Manage Users on del...
- 01/20/16--10:32: _Project Owner incor...
- 01/10/16--13:55: _MS Project 2016
- 01/20/16--13:47: _Open any project fr...
- 01/08/16--04:29: _Owner name changes ...
- 01/21/16--11:51: _Setting Up RBS for ...
- 08/03/15--07:36: _PWA 2013 Unlinking ...
- 01/22/16--02:02: _SSRS Report - Progr...
- 01/22/16--03:59: _Help! - Cannot dele...
- 01/22/16--06:43: _SQL query - Origina...
- 01/22/16--10:58: _Serious issue with ...
- 01/22/16--13:43: _Permissions job fai...
- 01/22/16--16:33: _I lost my windows 8...
- 01/18/16--02:33: Unable to change status manager
- 01/18/16--13:43: Enterprise custom fields
- 01/19/16--00:28: What type of server do i need for this situtations
- 01/25/13--18:13: Team Planner view - How to add Task ID - MSP2010
- 01/20/16--02:13: Master project within a master project
- PWA:http://*****/PWA, ServiceApp:Project Server Application, User:*****, PSI: Start checkout of project 'a550fb68-161a-4a24-b5a3-02b95f469f64' by resource 'c8434eff-da3a-477a-9333-b3e2b67fb690' to store 'WorkingStore'.
- request channel state after Close(): Closed
- 01/20/16--05:16: Manage Users on delete a project -Project Server 2010
- 01/20/16--10:32: Project Owner incorrect when creating project using workflow or PSI
- 01/10/16--13:55: MS Project 2016
- 01/08/16--04:29: Owner name changes to the last person to edit a project
- 01/21/16--11:51: Setting Up RBS for Project Center 2013
- 08/03/15--07:36: PWA 2013 Unlinking subprojects
- 01/22/16--02:02: SSRS Report - Programme ?
- 01/22/16--03:59: Help! - Cannot delete subprojects from the master project!!
- 01/22/16--10:58: Serious issue with Project Pro 2013 and Project sever 20123
- 01/22/16--13:43: Permissions job failure
- 01/22/16--16:33: I lost my windows 8.1 product key. URGENT HELP!!!!!!!!!!
Administrator creates a project and assigns the project manager as the owner. When the project manager tries to change status manager to himself, he is not able to see his name or any other project manager names in the status manager column in project pro.
When creating an enterprise custom field inside Project server is it beneficial to keep the local custom field that holds the same information
I've been designing an desktop application that reads data and displays data in real time in the application, from a 24/7 server that gets its data from other devices(PC,machines, laptops) such as current status(online or offline), current location
so my question is what type of database is best used in this situation that will allow this type of data to be recorded and viewed in real time?
I'm facing a weird issue
we have a client with ADFS authentication provider and they facing issue when they try to save and check in the project information it didn't take the update for the default description field of the project
I try to add new multi line Custom field and its updates the value successfully
any idea what is the reason and how to solve this issue please
Hello Experts -
Sub - Team Planner MSP 2010.
1. Team Planner view is good tool , but with similar activities in the project , sometime it is confusing which task is it , so I want to add Task ID / ID in the Team Planner view ? Is it possible ?
2. I find that only task name is visible in the Bar in the team planner view ? Can we add any other information on this view (similar to Gantt Chart bars) ?
We use Project Server 2013 and Project Professional 2013.
I would like to insert a master project as a subproject in another master project but this doesn't seem to be possible. I get an error message "a project cannot be inserted into multiple published master projects" when I try to publish it.
What are my options?
We have an application that builds projects via the psi web services. The application:
1. Deletes the existing project if it exists
2. Creates a new project from a template
3. Adds tasks
4. Publishes and checks in
Everthing has been working perfectly in our dev and test systems but on our production system the process dies with the following error:
ProjectServerError(s) LastError=ProjectDoesNotExist Instructions: Pass this into PSClientError constructor to access all error information (Fault Detail is equal to SvcProject.ServerExecutionFault).
Our code is designed to handle the fact that a project might not exist when attempting to delete, so this error should never kill our process (and it doesn't in our other environments). So it must be something environmental.
Any ideas if there is a environmental setting that could be causing this error to kill our project generation process?
This is what I see in the ULS logs, no errors:
We have an ideation workflow that creates projects based on a SharePoint list. The list to PWA mapping includes the mapping of a Person/Group field in the list to the Project Owner ID in the PWA. When a project is created using the create project from current item action in the workflow, the Project Owner for the new project is set to the workflow approver, not the person identified in the Person/Group field.
We are also creating projects using PSI based on external data. In the PSI code we set the Project Owner ID to a resource GUID. However, the PWA makes the person running the code the owner instead of the identified resource. This was working correctly middle of last year.
Any ideas why the project owner is not being set correctly when programmatically creating projects either using workflow or PSI? Thanks.
I am finding that the bar styles dialogue box and the bar height dialogue box does not help me when I try to create bars of sufficient height. It looks like all of the bars I am presented with are pencil thin and, also, the start (of bar) and finish
(of bar) shapes are tiny. Any pointers much appreciated. I am using Windows 10 and MS Project 2016
We are using Project Server 2010. Resources are created manually, but they do not have special characters in their name. But every time someone opens a project file in the client version of Project, you receive the error "Invalid name for a resource".
The names are in the format of "First Last" with no special characters or leading/trailing spaces. Multiple resources per task do have a comma separator, is that causing the issue? I tried to change my regional settings for Windows, didn't change the display though.
The owner of a project seems to bounce around from name to name when I want it to remain as one fixed owner - the one I set in the approval page. I think it changes to the last person to make a change or the person who has been viewing the project the
most. Can anyone help to make it static?
I am looking to implement RBS for Project Center 2013. Do any of you have any recommendations for setting up RBS (Role Based Security) for Project Center and SharePoint?
Ron Johnson Systems Administrator Michigan State University Federal Credit Union Office – (517) 333-2391 firstname.lastname@example.org WWW.MSUFCU.ORG
How do I Unlink subprojects?
Hi, this is a continuation of a previous thread..I am trying to obtain the Project Type value so I can filter for just Master Project data only in a SSRS report. When I add [Project Type] into a field within a row within a table in the report and then run it it returns the value of 0 for both projects and master projects. My understanding is that it should return "6" for master projects, any ideas why it is not doing so?
I created a master project to combine two projects together. It was read only and intended as view to a total cost. The creation of this master project created issues with some reports and so I wanted to revert to my separate projects.
I followed the steps to remove two subprojects from a master.The links are now cut, and the subprojects have become tasks within my (ex)master project.
My problem is that these subtasks have kept the actuals from the subproject files and I cannot delete them from within the master. My subprojects have been unaffected and kept their actuals and so I have a duplication of hours against shared resources.
Is there a way I can stop this (ex)master project from sharing the enterprise resource?
Or can anyone help me delete the master project!
Help would be very much appreciated!
By querying the timesheet related tables in SQL, is there any way to determine the original date/time stamp of the submission of a timesheet that has since been recalled by the resource?
Summary of issue
A schedule which has been saved and published has a custom field updated via the PSI. When the schedule is then opened using Project Pro 2013 the changed custom is correct; however, other fields have changed as well. Percent complete goes to 0. Duration may change which changes dates and so forth.
The problems is that when I run the process of save, publish, update custom field, open project nothing changes. The versions of Project Pro 2013 are the same (SP1).
Why would the issue only occur on certain machines and not on others?
this is the error in the logs: Transaction was deadlocked on lock resources with another process and has been chosen as the deadlock victim. Rerun the transaction.
Class 13, state 51, line 55, number 1205, procedure MSP_WEB_SP_SEC_PSMODE_PERM_SYNC_ComputeCategoryPermissionDifferenceWithBaselineState, error code -2146232060, exception: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException
Any help appreciated
Help! I lost my windows oem product key but I have every other bit of information!!!!!
I have the info here:
Label Part No: X18-45392
Internal Part: WN7-00615U
Work Order NO: 69843/1
Made in USA
Printer ID No: 799
WIN 8.1 X64 ENGLISH 1PK DSP OEI DVD UPDATE MEDIA INCLUDED
End Item PN: WN7-00615
Carton No.: MMCA11506008910
COA Barcodes: 02589078888108
I just resetted my pc because of a problem. I NEED THE KEY RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!