Articles on this Page
- 11/17/15--22:14: _Live Migration not ...
- 11/17/15--23:29: _Can we Export list ...
- 04/03/15--13:10: _How to add new colu...
- 10/06/11--00:52: _I don't want to "Cr...
- 11/19/15--00:11: _licensing
- 11/18/15--04:09: _Unable to send Task...
- 09/09/15--00:13: _Project Server 2013...
- 07/30/15--16:10: _Sending Approval fo...
- 11/19/15--14:51: _Start Date field no...
- 11/20/15--06:11: _Status updates hist...
- 11/20/15--07:06: _Trouble syncing wit...
- 11/12/15--07:44: _Export Timesheet to...
- 11/16/15--03:12: _Build Team from Ent...
- 11/22/15--22:29: _Hardware question
- 11/23/15--05:13: _[VSTO] Read Project...
- 11/16/15--09:01: _Master Projects
- 06/01/15--06:26: _How do i get all at...
- 04/01/15--03:13: _Calculating task time
- 11/15/15--22:43: _Export Timesheet Data
- 11/23/15--13:37: _Can we create an en...
- 11/17/15--22:14: Live Migration not working Hyper-V Virtual Machine
- 11/17/15--23:29: Can we Export list to excel in different extension..?
- 04/03/15--13:10: How to add new columns to the project schedule/task?
- 10/06/11--00:52: I don't want to "Create a site for this project"
- 11/19/15--00:11: licensing
- 11/18/15--04:09: Unable to send Task Assign/Update Email notification
Notification message processor failed:
- NotificationEMailDeliveryFailed (16080) - Fail to deliver the email using the SMTP server 'xyz' on port '25'.. Details: id='16080' name='NotificationEMailDeliveryFailed' uid='8a133ae7-e78d-e511-9411-00155d0b011e' EmailTypeUID='01ccf525-2cb1-4181-bc80-535a6db16c05' Error='Fail to deliver the email using the SMTP server 'xyz' on port '25'.'.
- NotificationEMailDeliveryFailed (16080) - Fail to deliver the email using the SMTP server 'xyz' on port '25'.. Details: id='16080' name='NotificationEMailDeliveryFailed' uid='b4ed7af4-e78d-e511-9411-00155d0b011e' EmailTypeUID='01ccf525-2cb1-4181-bc80-535a6db16c05' Error='Fail to deliver the email using the SMTP server 'xyz' on port '25'.'.
- NotificationEMailDeliveryFailed (16080) - Fail to deliver the email using the SMTP server 'xyz' on port '25'.. Details: id='16080' name='NotificationEMailDeliveryFailed' uid='855dbd01-e88d-e511-9411-00155d0b011e' EmailTypeUID='01ccf525-2cb1-4181-bc80-535a6db16c05' Error='Fail to deliver the email using the SMTP server 'xyz' on port '25'.'.
- NotificationEMailDeliveryFailed (16080) - Fail to deliver the email using the SMTP server 'xyz' on port '25'.. Details: id='16080' name='NotificationEMailDeliveryFailed' uid='7a1b2b0a-e88d-e511-9411-00155d0b011e' EmailTypeUID='01ccf525-2cb1-4181-bc80-535a6db16c05' Error='Fail to deliver the email using the SMTP server 'xyz' on port '25'.'.
- NotificationEMailDeliveryFailed (16080) - Fail to deliver the email using the SMTP server 'xyz' on port '25'.. Details: id='16080' name='NotificationEMailDeliveryFailed' uid='581c611c-e88d-e511-9411-00155d0b011e' EmailTypeUID='01ccf525-2cb1-4181-bc80-535a6db16c05' Error='Fail to deliver the email using the SMTP server 'xyz' on port '25'.'.
- NotificationEMailDeliveryFailed (16080) - Fail to deliver the email using the SMTP server 'xyz' on port '25'.. Details: id='16080' name='NotificationEMailDeliveryFailed' uid='bf8e9629-e88d-e511-9411-00155d0b011e' EmailTypeUID='01ccf525-2cb1-4181-bc80-535a6db16c05' Error='Fail to deliver the email using the SMTP server 'xyz' on port '25'.'.
- GeneralQueueJobFailed (26000) - NotificationMessage.CompositeNotification. Details: id='26000' name='GeneralQueueJobFailed' uid='c08e9629-e88d-e511-9411-00155d0b011e' JobUID='a3c985da-e78d-e511-9411-00155d0b011e' ComputerName='2aaea375-b895-4c85-8469-3eaeb550de76' GroupType='NotificationMessage' MessageType='CompositeNotification' MessageId='1' Stage='' CorrelationUID='99c8429d-fc7a-a008-0de7-6b9db6a8303b'. For more details, check the ULS logs on machine2aaea375-b895-4c85-8469-3eaeb550de76 for entries with JobUID a3c985da-e78d-e511-9411-00155d0b011e.
- 07/30/15--16:10: Sending Approval for a day sends over the whole month
- 11/19/15--14:51: Start Date field not mapping from list to project on creation
- 11/20/15--07:06: Trouble syncing with Sharepoint Tasks List
- 11/12/15--07:44: Export Timesheet to Excel -- Can the template be modified?
- 11/16/15--03:12: Build Team from Enterprise Greyed out Project Server 2010
- 11/22/15--22:29: Hardware question
- 11/16/15--09:01: Master Projects
- 04/01/15--03:13: Calculating task time
- 11/15/15--22:43: Export Timesheet Data
- 11/23/15--13:37: Can we create an enterprise resource from MS Project Pro 2013
I am facing issue in Live Migration of Virtual Machine in Windows 2012 R2 Hyper-V Clustering. Below is the details for my Current Setup.
Two Windows 2012 R2 Datacenter same specs server (HV01 and HV02) both clustered
One virtual Machine created on Cluster Share Volume (c:\Cluster storage\....)
One Network card dedicated to Server Management -> 10.0.1.11 (HV01) and 10.0.1.13 (HV02)
One Network card dedicated to Hyper -V Virtual Machines -> 10.0.1.12 (HV01) and 10.0.1.14 (HV02) and allow management network option is disabled.
One Network Card for Heart Beat -> 10.0.20.1 (HV01) and 10.0.20.2 (HV02)
One Network card dedicated for Live Migration -> 10.10.10.50 (HV01) and 10.10.10.51 (HV02) and selected for use only for live migration in Fail over cluster network settings
I added the Virtual Machine to Failover Cluster successfully without any error and warning. When I am doing quick migration its working fine but when I am doing live migration its giving error 21502.
When update what is I is wrong with my configuration
Your response will be highly appreciated.
Thanks in Advance
I tried exporting list from sharepoint to excel, its saving the file with the extension .iqy. Can that file be saved with different extension while exporting the list itself. Instead of .iqy it should be as .xls .
This may be a dumb question but how do I add new columns to the project task page or schedule?
When I want to publish a created project the system asks "Create a site for this project".
I see also the option "Do not create a site at this time", but this is grayed out and not selectable.
How can I arrange that the option "Do not create a site at this time" will be selectable?
The system is running in a farm with sharepoint 2010 and MS Project 2010 professional.
Thanks in advance for the answer.
Can somebody confirm how the proj server cals work , is this any site under pwa ? My client I think has been thinking this a SharePoint cal..
I have configured outgoing email notifications under SharePoint 2013 and noticied that, after adding user to sharepoint group that user is receiving email.
I did configured the "Manage My Resources' Alerts and Reminders". after creating project using client(project professional 2013) the site is getting provisioned but the email notification job is getting failured and the error details are below
Can someone please help me here.
We face a special case with one of our Customer.
Since we've upgraded the servers with the CU of August 2015, the project field 'Description' (the 'out of the box' one) on the project detail page or project information page is not editable anymore.
We can write on it, the system seems to accept the change but nothing is saved. The field in the database is empty.
Any help is warmly welcome.
Many thanks in advance.
Have a nice day !
Hi After applying CU June 2015, Everytime someone sends status, the systems sends the status for the whole month. Even if the previous days have been approved and there has been no changes to the previously approved time.
I am using a list in Project Server to gather information about potential projects, and then using the 'create project' button on the ribbon to create those which get approved.
Most of the information captured in the list is mapping to fields in my new project, however the start date is continually ignored and instead the start date from the template plan is being used. Even if I manually update the start date in the EPT after creation, it will still revert back to the plan start date again.
This doesn't happen when I create projects from the 'new' button in project centre, only when creating from my list.
I also have a Project Online instance where this isn't a problem at all, and I can't work out if I have a setting somewhere that is different and causing this particular field not to map.
One of my resource faces an error message while he try to see the Status update history.
We are currently using EPM 2010
"An unhandled exception occurred in Microsoft.Office.Project.Server.BusinessLayer.Statusing.StatusingReadStatusApprovalHistoryForGridJson".
Any resolution or RCA would be of great help .Thanks in advance
Hello. First time user here.
I am having trouble saving my MS Pro file to a Sharepoint tasks list. I have been able to successfully connect to my Project Server environment, publishing projects, etc. no problem. When I start Project Pro and log in using my server credentials, I don't see the option under Save As to "Sync with Sharepoint". Its only when I start Project Pro up, working Offline, that I have the menu option to Save and Sync with Sharepoint Tasks List. That being said, after entering the details in the 3 fields (Sync with, Project name, and Site address) I get a message stating "Cannot access the site due to one of the following reasons: - The SharePoint site url is invalid; The SharePoint site is currently unavailable; The user does not have full or design permissions in the SharePoint site".
I'm not sure how to check whether "the user" (being MS Project Pro or me) has full or design permissions in the SharePoint site. I started Project Pro by logging in for "offline" work, so is there some log in required for Project Pro to pass information on to SharePoint?
Any help on this would be very much appreciated.
I assume there's a template or field mapping lurking behind the scenes when using Timesheet's "Export to Excel" feature. Is that accessible and can it be customized? (I can probably go the route of customizing a BI template but wanted to start here). PS 2013. Thanks...
When try to add Resources in Build Enterprise Team of "Sub project of Master Project" in project professional 2010,In the Build Team window, the Enterprise Resources are greyed out and unable to add them to be Project Resources.
But if I open that sub project individualy from project professional 2010 then it will work(I can able to add resources in built team)
Can you please help me out.
I have one brand new server having 64 bit of RAM and processor is more 2.5 Ghz and we want to install project server 2013 on it.
Myself personally wants to install it using Hyper - V as a virtual machine, but our IT manager thinks otherwise.
The target audience is not more than 200 people.
Can you please advise if I install it on the host machine or on virtual machine.
Your help is required advantages with points.
Do you know a way to read Project files without opening them?
Thanks in advance for all help.
1. We are using Project Server. We are using Master Projects and SubProjects. Our Master Projects are what we call Programs and are made up of 1 or more subprojects. We link all of the subprojects to the Master project in READ ONLY mode.
2. When cost are updated in the subprojects to get the data to update at the Master Project level we are having to do the following steps:
A. Open the Master Project in edit mode
B. UnCollapse the SubProject section and then collapse it and go to the next subproject to uncollapse/collapse.
C. Publish the Master Project.
Once these steps are completed then the costs are updated at the Master Project level and available at the PWA and reporting table levels.
Question: With using READ ONLY - is there a way to have the cost data updated to the Master Project level without doing the above steps. I was hoping that just publishing the subprojects by themselves would update the data so that when you opened the Master Project all of the data would be updated without having to uncollape/collapse the subprojects one by one to get everything updated.
Thanks for the help.
I want to get all attribute information like Actual start, ACWP, BCWP, BCWS, Critical, CV, CVP etc which is on project entity in project server.
I am using PSI web services for getting information of project server 2013 & 2010
I am new at this forum so I hop this is the correct place to ask this question.
For a project, I have 2 deadlines (A and B). In between these 2 deadlines there are 3 tasks that take place (X, Y and Z). I want MS Project to calculate the time for tasks X, Y and Z based on the total time between A and B. In this example, X is 50% of the time, Y 30% and Z 20%. When the time between A and B equals 20 days, X should take 10 days, Y 6 days and Z 4 days.
My question: Is is possible for MS Project 2010 to use some formula to calculate the duration times of tasks X, Y and Z?
Thank you for helping me!
Does anyone know of any tools for exporting timesheet data for upload to QuickBooks?
I am working on Project Server 2013 and use MS Project Pro 2013 as well. I have been trying to achieve an alternate way of creating resources in PPM.
In Project server 2007, we were able to add bulk resources by navigating to Resource Center--> select any resource randomly and click on MS Project icon. Then it open the resource details in MS Project. And then I used to manually enter resource information, including login account and other details.and click on save to create resources in PPM>
I tried similar process in Project server 2013 but in when the resources details are open in MS Project Pro, I do not have option to enter Windows Login account for the resource.? basically it is a read only field.